ORGANIC DARK CHOCOLATE - Agave Nectar 100g
Agave nectar – organic & fair
This product is sweetened with organic and Fair Trade agave nectar from southern Mexico. As such, they satisfy a widespread demand for fine chocolate that has been produced without conventional white refined sugar. Since these products are also rich in dietary fiber, they are particularly popular amongst health-conscious consumers.
While Agave is best recognized as the plant from which tequila is made, it has also been used for thousands of years as an ingredient in food. In Mexico, the nectar made from the plant is known as Aguamiel, or “honey water.” The Aztecs prized the Agave as a gift from the gods and used the liquid from its core to flavour foods and drinks. Now, due to an increasing awareness of Agave nectar’s many beneficial properties, it is becoming the preferred sweetener of health conscious consumers and natural food chefs.
The majority of Agave nectar (sometimes called Agave syrup) is produced from the Blue Agaves that thrive in the volcanic soils of southern Mexico. Agaves are large, thorny plants that resemble cacti or yuccas in both form and habitat, but they are actually a succulent plant, similar to Aloe Vera.
Interesting facts about Agave nectar:
- It contains various types of sugars with specific characteristics that contribute to healthy nutrition.
- Thanks to these various sugars, Agave nectar assists in quick and balanced energy absorption.
- Its sucrose content is very low.
- It has a lower glycemic index than sucrose and many other sugars.
- Its intense and peculiar sweetness harmonizes perfectly with the Chocolat Stella organic chocolate both in dark and milk formulations.
- In these chocolate recipes we have also added Agave inulin, which is a healthy natural probiotic fibre. Therefore, this chocolate can technically bear the claim “rich in fibre”.