Hello from a wintery white wonderland in Canada’s beautiful east coast. We’ve had a busy October and November and are excited about a few new arrivals in our emporium including April Cornell’s linens! It didn’t take long for her table cloths, dish towels and aprons to fly out of the store.
Since it’s the Christmas season I thought I’d compile a list of eco-friendly gift ideas that can be used year-round for that eco-friendly friend in your life.
- Re-usable mugs. Many coffee shops will discount your coffee if you bring in your own mug.
- Bamboo cooking utensils. No pan scratches, can be dishwasher safe and work well.
- Fun, reusable bags. Many different styles of bags with a personalized touch can be found in places a lot of people may not think of looking, like your local book store or yoga house.
- Reusable straws + cleaner. These will stick around much longer than your one-time smoothie. Choices include metal, engraved copper or silicone.
- Beeswax food wrap. These are a natural, zero-waste alternative to plastic wrap and they come in different patterns for wrapping sandwiches, leftover produce, cheese and anything else you need to keep fresh in the fridge.
- Organic tea + metal tea strainer. Studies have shown that there are far too many chemicals left in not only the tea but the bags they come in. Loose leaf, organic tea is the best way to avoid these pesticides and a metal tea strainer will keep it all together in your mug while avoiding plastic and other waste.
- Hand-made soap. Let’s avoid breakouts, dry skin and chemicals entering our bodies by using ingredients we can actually read, understand and are truly healthy for our skin.
- Local art. Supporting local artisans is great for the economy and a better way to find a unique gift that you know was made with love.
- Beeswax candles. Pure beeswax is the finest wax on earth. Its renewable, non-toxic and hypoallergenic. Beeswax burns 4-5 times slower than other candle waxes, making it one of life’s affordable luxuries.
- A bamboo house coat. Bamboo is one of the most renewable resources our beautiful Mother Earth has to offer. Breathable bamboo fabric is exceptionally wearable in a wide range of temperatures, so that you can stay cool in the summer and keep warm in the winter.
Merry Christmas, happy holidays and happy 2019 from all of us at eco.spirit and Naturally Canada Marketplace.